I’ve decided to steal another recipe.
Chicken and Mushrooms. That’s it.
Painfully simple, just a little waiting here and there.
Had it with roasted aparagus (salt, pepper, olive oil, toss, 15min toaster oven) last night and it’s sublime!
Believe it’ll be great with the curry cauliflowers from the slow carb cookbook as well.
The recipe calls for chicken boobs…but I never liked chicken boobiess, so I went ahead with chicken thighs.
Another thing is that it also calls for a stainless steel pan so that you can put it in the oven. I don’t have a proper oven now, so I used my old non-stick and improvised a little.
Oh, and the picture is pretty accurate =D
2 large chicken breasts, boneless, skin-on (or boneless thighs, skin-on)
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon olive oil (I used macadamia oil, as recommended in the book)
8 oz thickly sliced mushrooms (I used white buttons)
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
Instructions (video below):
This is my method. It’s essentially the same, just that I’ve added a short mushroom stir fry in lieu of the missing oven. The video below shows the proper way, with the oven.
– Add salt and pepper to chicken, both sides
– Add oil to pan on medium and heat till it’s hot. Doesn’t have to start smoking: when it’s hot you’d notice that it seems more runny
– Add them chicken, skin side down first for about 5 minutes
– Flip it around, add the mushrooms and sprinkle a little salt on them, increase heat to medium-high, 5 minutes
– (No Oven) Remove chicken and let it rest, lower heat on pan to medium, stir fry mushrooms for about 2-3 minutes.
– When you start to see the juices caramelize, add cold water. He said no need for stocks…I’ve tried it and totally agree
– When it reduces to about 1/4, turn off the heat and add the butter. Let it melt into the sauce.
– Pour it over the chicken…and enjoy!
Here’s the actual video: